High Powered UV-C Room & Surface Steriliser
SASUV18w/55w/95w – WITH SAFETY REMOTE
Ultraviolet Room and Surface Sterilisers are another in the UVGI SafeAir range of products from Ulilog.
WHY A SAFEAIR UV-C SURFACE STERILISER?
- SafeAir Surface Sterilisers kill pathogens in seconds and are effective against bacteria and viruses such as MRSA, Tuberculosis (TB), E. Coli, Salmonella, Multidrug-resistant CRKP, Listeria, Legionella, Hepatitis, SARS-COV, Influenza, Parvo, also Mould spores, Yeast and Cysts, and many more.
- SafeAir UV-C Surface Sterilisers do not produce smells or O³ (Ozone).
- UV surface disinfection is a physical process rather than a chemical disinfectant, which reduces the need to generate or handle, transport or store so much toxic/hazardous or aggressive chemicals.
- UV-C is effective when organisms have become immune to other sterilizing methods as pathogens cannot build immunity towards UV-C light.
- SafeAir Surface Sterilisers have an illuminated on/off switch and a remote control so the UV-C Lamp will not switch on unless the remote is activated by the responsible and authorised person.
- The SafeAir UV-C Sterilisers remote also allows the operator to switch it on and off from a distance.
- SafeAir Surface Sterilisers are an alternative solution to disposable sterilizing wet wipes which end up in landfill.
- Available in 18w and high output 55w and 95w models.
- Germicidal 254nm UV-C lamp.
- 9,000 hours lamp life (5-10 years depending on use/day).
- Easy lamp change without dismantling housing.
- Lightweight Aluminium powder coated housing.
- Anti-vibration lamp holder.
- Designed and manufactured in South Africa.
- Includes UV Safety Glasses.
- Special lamp glass filters the 185 nm ozone-forming radiation.
- Protective inside lamp coating ensures almost constant UV output for the complete lifetime of the lamp.
- Lamps have a shatterproof sleeve for safety in the event of lamp breakage and can therefore be used on food.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
UV Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) is a sterilization method that uses UV light at a sufficiently short wavelength, to break down micro-organisms and kill or inactivate them.
It does this by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting DNA, leaving micro organic organisms unable to perform. Ultraviolet C is used in a variety of applications such as food, air, surface, and water purification.
Ulilog’s SafeAir UVGI Surface Sterilisers are lightweight, sleek, user-friendly and safe.
UV-C is dangerous to the eyes and skin of humans, to animals and plants, therefore an exposed UV-C device needs safety protocols in place to safeguard the user and prevent unauthorized people from operating it.
HOW TO OPPORATE THE SAFEAIR STERILISER?
- Authorised operator must wear appropriate PPE to safeguard eyes and exposed skin.
- Plug unit into electrical socket.
- Switch the Steriliser on so the Rocker switch illuminates but for safety the UVGI Lamp will still remain off.
- Ensure there are no people or animals as well as sensitive plants in the vicinity and then activate the remote switch to light up the Lamp.
- Pass the SafeAir Steriliser as close as possible over the surfaces for the required time.
- SASUV Units can be strategically placed and remotely operated in a vacated room or area.
- Note; UV-C can discolour certain fabrics as well as some plastics and can degrade rubber.