WHAT IS SAFEAIR?
Ulilog SafeAir Ultraviolet Germicidal Air Purifiers use a combination of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) and negative ion generation to purify & revitalise indoor air.
SafeAir pro-actively controls & reduces the transmission of pathogens such as airborne bacteria, viruses and fungi as well as yeast & mould spores. The device also neutralises known carcinogens that regularly pollute indoor air such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs), oxides of nitrogen (NOx) and second-hand tobacco smoke.
SafeAir also removes unpleasant odour particles. These statements are supported by the research and evaluation of leading affiliations. The National Health Laboratory Service report of February 2017 concluded that the two units that were submitted for evaluation were 100% effective in reducing the bacterial count to 6 log reduction (99.999%) in the laboratory test room which is in accordance with the principal for design as a disinfection system.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
SafeAir has been designed to draw in air from the room which passes over concealed ultraviolet lamps for a certain time in order to reduce and kill airborne microbes – bacteria, viruses and pollutants.
Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) is a sterilization method that uses UV light at a sufficiently short wavelength to break down micro-organisms. It is used in a variety of applications such as food, air and water purification.
- TB is contagious and airborne
- TB was 1 of the top 10 causes of death worldwide in 2015
- TB was responsible for more deaths than HIV and Malaria
- About 1/3 of the world’s population has latent TB, which means people have been infected but are not (yet) ill with the disease
(World Health Organisation, Global Tuberculosis Report 2016)
- Ulilog SafeAir units are small and completely flexible in terms of positioning on ceiling, wall or stand.
- 18w and 55w UVC lamps with a life span of 3 years or 9000 hours.
- Requires minimal maintenance: simple onsite lamp change after 9 000 hrs or 3 years.
- Includes a negative ion generator for enhanced efficacy (Life expectancy: 50 000 hrs)
- Emits zero direct radiation specified by the new international standard
- Safe for people whilst maintaining sterilised air
- Depending on Air Changes per Hour required (4 to 12 ACH), the18w unit covers an area of between 55m3 -165m3 and the 55w unit covers an area of between 55m3 -165m3.